08 May 2017 Spotlight on Skyrocket
This week’s Spotlight on Tech features Skyrocket, a unique digital branding agency that acts as an extension of your team to transform your organization. Get to know more about their team, culture, and recent successes below!
1. Describe your company and your primary product(s) and/or service(s).
Skyrocket is a digital agency offering global services in brand strategy, web engineering, user experience and interaction design. Essentially, we define your brand strategy and then build your digital product(s), whether it’s a website, app or both.
2. How many employees currently work at your company?
Our core team is 10 – we’re small by design. With a tight-knit group of engineers, designers and account strategists, we can be highly responsive and agile. We’re able to scale quickly when needed, thanks to our tightly-integrated contractors.
3. Where are you located?
We’re on the edge of Gastown – conveniently above Jam Cafe and Chambar. Our office design replicates that of a loft; high ceiling, brick walls, big windows, lots of plants and whiteboard space. It’s an open office which fosters a sense of collaboration and enables a level of transparency.
4. Describe the culture at your company.
Our culture is tangible and it’s dynamic. Ultimately, Skyrocket’s culture can be attributed to what we value most:
Diversity – We’ve come together from different places and walks of life which results in a mix of perspectives, cultures and ideas. Check out this video of our team counting down in all our (9!) languages!
Weirdness – We’re an eclectic group that embraces individuality and uniqueness.
Fanaticism – We care deeply about the work and our craft.
5. What does your leadership team (and company as a whole) do to support/grow that culture?
We’re encouraged to speak up and argue passionately for what we believe in. Whether it’s the best solution for a client or an internal process, everyone has the opportunity to put forth their idea – as long as you can back it up with sound thinking.We’re also given a lot of freedom and autonomy within our individual roles. It means more responsibility but it’s empowering.
6. When your employees talk about your company, what do they brag about?
- Belonging to a team that creates impactful work for progressive clients.
- The sense of agency – you have the power to change anything if you know it needs to be done.
- We’re closer than coworkers – it may sound cheesy but it’s the honest truth. We give a damn about each other’s aspirations and do everything we can to bring out the best (work) from one another.
7. Describe your most recent achievement, milestone, reason for bragging rights.
One achievement that’s top of mind is an internal project – the creation of a dev-led product, called Bentobox. It’s a drop-in admin panel for Laravel developers. We’ve now shared it with the Laravel community as open source so we’re excited to see what happens next.Plus, stay tuned for the official launch of this year’s Brand Prize! It’s an opportunity for one lucky startup in North America to win a full brand package and website.
8. What kinds of roles are you hiring for?
Right now, we’re hiring for a Digital Production Manager and Lead Developer.Do either of these sound like you? Note that it’s not about fitting precisely into the job title or description. If you see yourself adding value to our team in a way that’s not explicitly stated here, we want to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s kickstart the conversation.
9. What kinds of people are you looking for?
We’re looking for skilled technologists and creators who care deeply about their craft and aren’t afraid to push boundaries.
10. What is your company goal for the coming year?
Continue to launch new ventures with visionary entrepreneurs and help established companies break new ground.
To learn more about Skyrocket, click here.
To shine the spotlight on your company, or to learn more about Spotlight on Tech, talk to our MX Team by emailing email@example.com.