04 Sep Person of the Year
This award celebrates an individual who is a recognized icon in the BC technology ecosystem. An acknowledged leader who has demonstrated business success in multiple settings, is a mentor and role model to others and who actively engages with the community to build a stronger future for tech in BC.
Who Should Apply?
Nominees in this category must be:
- Working in the BC technology ecosystem
- Available to attend in person the TIA ceremony on June 11 2020
- Available to film a finalist video on April 15, 16 or 17 2020
- Able to provide two reference letters (with contact information)
- Aware they are being nominated
The following criteria will be used to evaluate nominees:
1. Leadership and personal style (max. 500 words) – 20%
This award celebrates an individual who is a recognized icon in the BC technology ecosystem. Describe this person’s personal achievements and leadership style and how that delivers success in multiple settings. What 3 words do people frequently use to describe them? Why is it ‘their year’ – what makes them the perfect winner of this year’s Person of the Year Award
2. Business success (max. 500 words) – 30%
Briefly describe the person’s career history and the achievements of the companies and organizations they have led, particularly in the last 3-5 years. How does the person contribute to business success? What are the common themes and what links their business successes to their personal leadership style. Show the trajectory of success and how each contribution built on what came before.
3. Community impact and ecosystem contribution (max. 500 words) – 30%
Beyond their contributions to the businesses they led, what other roles has this individual had in the community that benefited the ecosystem as a whole? What organizations have they founded, grown or transformed? How do they give back and pay it forward? How does their contribution inspire and encourage others to do more, individually and together?
4. Letters of recommendation – 20%
Please provide 2 letters of recommendation each a maximum of 250 words.