27 Oct Marketing intern, WorkBC
Website YWCA Metro Vancouver
Under the general supervision of the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Intern will be responsible for Community outreach, engaging with other youth and community members and developing communications material and content for digital campaigns and social media platforms.
Status: Paid Youth Internship – full time 35 hrs per week until March 31, 2023
Location: YWCA Program Centre – Regularly travel to various locations in Metro Vancouver
- Assist in developing engaging organic content on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube) to promote our WorkBC Centres, YWCA Employment programs, and owned events.
- Design monthly newsletters.
- Act as a WorkBC ambassador, working for the Marketing Team to execute local Community Outreach initiatives to increase public awareness of the WorkBC Centres in our catchment areas.
- Promote our WorkBC Centres, its programs and events by distributing posters and collateral at Public Libraries, Community Centres, coffee-shops, and other locations in each WorkBC catchment area.
- Provide support for both owned events and community events, collecting and ordering material, assisting with set up/take down when necessary, and tracking registration and attendance.
- Produce photos during events for marketing reports and social media posts.
- Assist to set up, take down the WorkBC booth in Festivals and Community events, sometimes after 5 pm and on weekends.
- Create relationships with key community influencers, building and cultivating a network of partnerships with local community agencies, services providers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to coordinate marketing initiatives, materials and Community Outreach.
- Undertake additional tasks to support the marketing department as required.
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the start of the internship;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Candidates must have marketing and communications experience.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills, and multitasking ability, including adapting and shifting priorities as needed.
- Looking for a candidate that can work in a flexible, fast-paced environment, working with multiple locations, various marketing needs, and numerous stakeholders.
- A proven ability to work collaboratively, as well as independently as required.
- Familiar with Canva, Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Must have good time management and organizational skills, and multitasking ability, including adapting and shifting priorities as needed.
- A valid driver’s license is considered a strong asset, however, not required.
- A valid criminal record check is required.
Work environment: The YWCA Metro Vancouver’s WorkBC Centres help men and women of any age find meaningful employment. The Centres offer a wide variety of job search services, including a resource library, one-to-one counselling, workshops, job placement services, community referrals and job postings.
Interested candidates are invited to email their resumes by November 1, 2022 to:
Livio Capalbo – Senior Marketing Manager, WorkBC – firstname.lastname@example.org
YWCA Metro Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.