Website SemiosBio Technologies Inc.
Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE – Top 50 Leading AgTech (2020) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
Computer Science or Engineering student looking for:
- A challenging 4 or 8-month work term.
- A fast pace environment.
- Lots of opportunity for hands on experience.
What you will do:
- You will be working with and leaving your impact on one or more of our many applications to:
- Display visualizations and insights to farmers to drive data-driven solutions.
- Manage and control a vast IoT network across farmers’ fields.
We want you to succeed so you will need:
- A portfolio or projects to demonstrate your ability
- Experience collaborating with Git
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to learn and embrace challenges
- One term work experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with React or React native or similar frontend libraries/frameworks
- Experience with Node.JS, GraphQL and/or REST
- Experience with SQL
- Experience or curiosity about cloud architecture (AWS, GCP)
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Collaborative and casual work environment
- Opportunity to learn and make an impact by working on meaningful projects
- Work from home or an office location with convenient transit and bike paths
- Sleep better, knowing you’re making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org