03 Jun Junior Security Analyst
Junior Security Analyst
We’re Kobalt.io, working hard to solve the security problem for small and medium businesses. Three years into our journey, we’ve improved the security of over 150 clients, and are looking for a Junior Security Analyst to support the governance, risk and compliance needs of our clients. Our clients are fast paced, high growth, small and mid-sized tech companies that need to build out their security programs, respond to client’s security questionnaires and mature their risk programs. Reporting to our PMO lead, you’ll engage directly with client contacts to help them address compliance needs in a timely and professional manner, leveraging your expertise as a recent graduate of a security training program.
What you’ll do
- Build security questionnaire master repositories, summarizing previous client questionnaire responses into a master data set
- Complete client security questionnaires in a timely manner with a focus on the quality of response, saving the client time and effort and finding opportunities to advance their security programs
- On an as-needed basis, work with a variety of existing client tools to support questionnaire response
- Perform 3rd party vendor risk assessments on behalf of clients or Kobalt.io
- Support the development and customization of client security policies and programs, in support of Kobalt.io Security Program Leads
- Support Kobalt.io Security Program Leads and the internal SOC team on other projects and programs as needed
- Support the PMO team on service design and content creation as it relates to product management.
- Perform a wide variety of cloud security configuration tasks on behalf of clients as needed.
Who you are
- A recent grad of a post-secondary IT program, cyber security program, or experienced career switcher with strong compliance.
- A self-starter, able to take instructions and execute excellence in a way that requires minimal supervision
- A balance of technical and soft skills
- Organized, have strong written and verbal communication skills, able to complete work rapidly with a high degree of quality and consistency
- Have a positive, growth-oriented mindset, ready to take on new challenges and uncertainty
- Have a knack for troubleshooting and problem solving
Life at Kobalt.io
We’re excited about our mission and our people. We believe staying true to our values will help us, and our clients, succeed:
- Continuous Improvement – We welcome diverse people, tech and approaches, learning continuously so we can serve our clients.
- Innovation – We challenge assumptions and experiment with new ideas and tools, accepting that failures are part of the path to success.
- Positive Environment – We’re creating an open and supportive environment, building bridges and breaking down silos.
- Celebrate Success – Ring the bell. Cheer on the big small steps towards our mission. We recognize everyone’s contribution.
- Velocity – We are agile and approach each day with a sense of urgency.
- Pragmatism – We understand the limitations of smaller firms and find the right balance between perfect and good.
- Service – We serve with open ears, open mind and empathy to help our clients succeed.
- Click the link and fill out the BC Tech Digital Lift Intern Application
- Indicate “Junior Security Analyst” in application
- Click apply below
Kobalt.io brings security monitoring capabilities of enterprise-class security teams to smaller organizations through its team of Cybersecurity professionals with tons of experience but an innovative mindset. Kobalt.io prides themselves in constant improvement and innovation by providing their team with a positive and celebratory environment. Kobalt.io is an equal opportunity employer looking for team members who have a real passion for security. We welcome you and celebrate differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org