12 Sep Digital Literacy Intern
Website YWCA Metro Vancouver
Employment Opportunity: Internship
Help us make a difference
Voted as one of the best companies to work for in BC, YWCA Metro Vancouver is a diverse non-profit that supports women’s equality through a range of integrated services. Skilled at meeting employee and client needs, YWCA Metro Vancouver treats employees with respect and is committed to offering initiatives, compensation and benefits that retain employees and help them achieve work/life balance.
Status: Paid Youth Internship – duration 4 months, full time 35 hrs per week
Location: YWCA North Vancouver and other locations in Metro Vancouver as required.
We are looking for someone eager to gain experience working in a busy non-profit organization, as part of a team providing technical support to members of the community in the lower mainland. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, YWCA TechLink & Connecting Families Program, you will be part of a team providing digital literacy/tech support to vulnerable members of the community and other YWCA programs.
To be successful, you are someone who can carry out tasks assigned by the supervisor, work in a team environment, and present strong communication and problem-solving skills. You will be involved in various aspects of the program, including but not limited to:
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and testing donated IT equipment.
- Assisting with various IT projects and initiatives
- Digital Literacy Coaching
- Providing technical assistance and mentorship to vulnerable members of the community
- Assisting with community engagement, soliciting donations of computers, cellphones, tablets, etc
- Supporting digital marketing projects and initiatives
- Providing inter-departmental support as required
- Performing program research as required
- Updating Client Relationship Database
- Monitoring and updating IT inventory
- Carrying out additional program support duties as required.
- Be able to work well in a team environment.
- Have a good work ethic and be able to meet deadlines to high customer service levels.
- Good communication, time management, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable to new people and situations.
- Must enjoy working as a team.
- Possess a clear vulnerable sector police record check
We’ve been striving to change lives throughout Metro Vancouver for more than 100 years. Last year, our programs and services helped 40,000 people. Interested in joining us? Candidates are invited to send resumes to:
Program Manager, TechLink & Connecting Families
YWCA Metro Vancouver
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6E 2E8
(no phone calls please)
YWCA Metro Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.
This Program is funded by the Government of Canada
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com