07 Nov Maximo Implementation Co-op Student
Website Coast Mountain Hydro Services Inc.
CO-OP STUDENT, COAST MOUNTAIN HYDRO SERVICES INC. (CMH)
Coast Mountain Hydro
Reporting to the Plant Manager, while acting under the guidance of on-site Management, this position will work with the CMH Maximo project team to obtain necessary asset, material, and maintenance task data.
- Obtain data from physical inspection and photographs of the CMH assets and materials, review of drawings and manufacturers manuals, and discussions with CMH team members from various trades and backgrounds;
- Work in the Maximo computerized inventory management system to input data as directed;
- On-the-job and Safety training will be provided on site at the commencement of the assignment;
- Assist Maximo project team with other tasks as required.
- May be assigned to alternative tasks to support the operation as needed.
- Enrolled in a technical trades program or post secondary institution, with a civil, electrical or mechanical focus;
- Demonstrated ability to understand the requirements to work safely in an industrial environment. Actual work experience in this type of environment would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office programs, SharePoint and Teams.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate proficiently in English in order to comprehend verbal safety instructions, reading of technical manuals, communications with staff and writing procedures.
- Class 5 Drivers licence required, with experience driving on gravel roads considered an asset.
About This Opportunity
This opportunity requires the successful candidate to travel to the remote work site, following a 2 week in and 2 week out work schedule. The assignment will expose the successful applicant to a wide variety of the equipment used in hydro generation, transmission and distribution and the operating and maintenance requirements for the generating station. The applicant will also be exposed to the data requirements for a modern Maintenance Management System.
CMH is an award-winning [Recipient of a 2019 Clean Energy BC (CEBC) award for Operational Excellence] run-of-the-river hydroelectric project – comprising the Forrest Kerr, McLymont and Job Description Revision Date: July 14, 2022 Page 2 of 2 Volcano Hydroelectric Facilities. We are located in Northwestern BC, with the Coast Mountain Range to the west and Skeena Mountains to the east, approximately 100 km from the town of Stewart and within the Golden Triangle in Tahltan Territory.
CMH is owned by Axium, Manulife and the Tahltan Nation. With two active mines in proximity, and an estimated $365.9M of exploration expenditures incurred in the Northwest throughout 2021, CMH – which generates 300 megawatts, enough to power 225,000 homes – is providing a source of clean power to local Tahltan communities and to the exploration and mining industry.
- A permanent camp has been constructed for the operations team. The facilities include private rooms with bathrooms, a weight room, entertainment area and other amenities.
- The schedule will be 14 days on followed by 14 days off. Note that travel days occur on days outside of the 14 day shift.
- Travel costs from the student’s primary residence (in British Columbia or Alberta) airport to Terrace B.C. are covered by the company. Travel from Terrace to the worksite is done by driving with other co-workers in company vehicles.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com