11 Apr Co-op Student – [Technology Services]
Website Vancouver Airport Authority
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. With high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness, we’re looking for someone to join our team.
Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vancouver Airport Authority has one (1) full-time opportunity for a co-op position in IT Department for up to an 4-month term starting May 2023. The successful candidate will develop, analyze, coordinate and implement initiatives that are consistent with, and will facilitate, the Airport Authority’s Strategic Plan.
The Airport Authority is seeking a skilled and motivated individual to join IT Department. In this role, the individual will be responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Working with Senior Business Analyst to develop and maintain business processes.
- Assist project managers in coordinating and/or participating in project-related tasks.
- Work with Business Analyst to conduct workflow analysis, developing business information requirements and models Documenting technical processes and procedures.
- Supporting the airport applications team within Technology Services.
The individual will have the following:
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Enjoys working in an exciting and fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyse business processes and business specifications.
- Knowledge of systems analysis, design, and development life cycle.
- Working knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Microsoft teams, SharePoint.
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of the team.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and excellence.
- Note that the successful candidates must be able to qualify for a Restricted Area Identity Card and a Transportation Security Clearance.
Start and End Date: May 15, 2023 – September 1, 2023
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours
Dress Code: Westcoast Business Casual
Number of Openings: 1