18 Oct 2016 e@UBC Investor-Ready Workshop
e@UBC is hosting an investor-ready workshop for high growth ventures preparing for investment and learning how to pitch effectively to the investment community. e@UBC is offering a greatly subsidized rate for our entrepreneurs and hoping you will take advantage of it!
This workshop is suitable for your venture if:
- you are assessing readiness for your startup to receive investment
- you are starting to get connected to the investment community
- you are getting ready to pitch
After the workshop, you will know:
- How to correctly value a private company
- What investors look for in the due diligence process
- What an Investor Pitch should look like for you to be successful
What you will receive:
- Investor Ready workbook (150+ pages)
The Investor Ready Workshop is an intensive full day session that covers all aspects of investor readiness for startup ventures, all from the perspective of the forum that funds many such ventures. The workshop introduces Investor Presentations, Company Valuation, Financing Options, What Investors Look For (DD) and Criteria for Management. It includes elevator pitches, numerous exercises, small teams case discussions, Q&A panel and networking from an entrepreneur or investor from the UBC community.
Testimonials from fellow entrepreneurs following the workshop:
- “A great accelerated learning opportunity”
- “Great detail on what angels want to hear & know about a company”
Workshop Leader: Bob Chaworth-Musters has an extensive background in corporate and international finance plus investment management in Vancouver, the Middle East and London, England. In 1997, he started the ANGEL Forum, one of the largest & oldest angel groups in Canada where ~18+ pre-screened companies seeking equity funding up to $1 million, deliver “live” presentations to 60+ pre-screened investors. Bob was a Director / Founding 100 Member of Canada’s National Angel Organization, is a member of the US Angel Capital Association and has organized over 40+ full day financial workshops for entrepreneurs and investors.
To register for the workshop, click here.
Date: November 16, 2016 8:00AM – 5:30PM
Location: Dodson Room, Irving K Barber Learning Centre, Vancouver, BC