29 Nov BCIC Innovator Skills Initiative
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Innovator Skills Initiative
Looking to hire a student who isn’t in a co-op program? The Innovator Skills Initiative (ISI) offers up to $10,000 a year to hire a student to fill a business or tech role. The program connects undergrad and graduate students with an opportunity to bring their skills to a technology company looking for help. This program is delivered by our partner New Ventures BC.
- A tech company or start-up in BC, or
- A non-profit tech organization in BC, and
- Hiring a post-secondary student from an accredited institution in BC.
- Is not a co-op student.
- Will be hired for a business or technical role.
- Is enrolled at an accredited post secondary institution in BC.
You agree to:
- Offer entrepreneurial and business training to the student.
- Match grant funding in cash or a combination of cash and up to 25% in kind.
- Complete required surveys and comply with the terms of the funding.