Recognizing a company that has a positive impact on BC the community in which they live, work, and play. This organization will likely balance charitable giving with employee volunteer hours and/or discounted product/service pricing to charitable entities. Corporate social responsibility will be in the DNA of the company culture.
Here are the criteria to base applications on:
- At any stage of the company lifecycle; startup, growth-stage, established, etc.
- Exemplifies and embraces supporting the community in an honest way.
- Technology or Professional Service-focused
Completed applications should include responses to all topics/questions below.
- A 60-second video on why you think your company deserves to be a finalist in this category. (A scrappy cellphone video is great. Send us the link via Dropbox or any any other file sharing app)
WHO WE ARE
- 200 max words description of your company.
MUST COVER: How your story is part of the fabric of BC’s tech ecosystem. Past, present, or future.
- 500 max words on the employee programs (e.g., volunteer hours), charitable giving, and/or discounts provided to charitable entities. Your company has committed to the BC community.
MUST COVER: Actual figures (dollars and hours) with broad details on any applicable community events that the company has engaged in.
- 200 max words on how you believe your organization has positively impacted people, programs, and entities who were recipients of your generosity.
MUST COVER: Examples or quotes, feedback from people, programs who have been positively impacted and what the outcome was.
FUTURE OF COMMUNITY IMPACT
- 500 max words on what your company’ believes the broader tech community could do to have a greater collective impact on the communities in which we operate.
MUST COVER: At least one suggestion on how to inspire other tech companies to commit greater resources to community impact.
- 2-3 people who can speak to your community engagement.