19 Apr Spotlight on StandardFusion
As leading GRC industry professionals in Vancouver, StandardFusion was built to help organizations of all sizes simplify the complexities of GRC (governance, risk and compliance). It sets out to eliminate high costs of implementation and operation, adding value to the bottom line by reducing risk and disruption before it happens and reduce complexity wherever possible through technology and automation.
StandardFusion is a SaaS management platform that can manage compliance to just about any standard. StandardFusion becomes the single source of truth, or system of record, for their compliance programs. With licensing agreements with the AICPA, Standards Council of Canada (ISO/IEC), PCI, and BSI, StandardFusion supports most standards straight out of the box. This includes HIPAA, FEDRAMP, NIST, ISO, PCIDSS, and SOC1/2, just to name a few.
From the very start, StandardFusion’s mission was to help organizations simplify the complexities of GRC and offer a solution to four common challenges found in managing GRC programs:
1. Get rid of spreadsheets. They have plenty of reasons why it’s important to get rid of spreadsheets, but here are their top 6 reasons.
2. Make GRC more than just something that needs to be done. StandardFusion turned compliance from a list of tasks that fill employees with contempt, to something that provides all stakeholders with measurable value.
3. Make GRC approachable. With the growing importance of information security and compliance being realized, more and more regular employees are being tasked with implementation of various management systems, and compliance related tasks. StandardFusion built an application that could be used by everyone, moving the complexity until it is required.
4. Removing the cost barrier of enterprise GRC tools. Large enterprise GRC platforms can cost from tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars in licenses per year. Add setup costs, implementation and training and you’re at a whopping six figures. With StandardFusion, users pay per user, per month with no contracts.
StandardFusion’s Company Culture and Work Environment
Located in Gastown, Vancouver, StandardFusion is easily accessible via Skytrain and within a stone’s throw of some of the trendiest restaurants and bars in Vancouver. StandardFusion is currently a team of six employees and on the hunt to add to their team.
Co-Founder and CEO Mirek Pijanowski told us: “Our organization’s mission is to ‘own GRC’ and we pride ourselves on having very ambitious goals as a team. To achieve those goals, we need to hire like-minded, ambitious people. We also weigh culture fit as being equally important to experience and industry knowledge.” He went on to explain that StandardFusion believes in work balance: “There is virtually no micro-management between staff members, and we have a relaxed work environment while remaining driven and efficient. You can find us at the office working late, ensuring we deploy our latest release on time – but you’ll also find us having extended lunches, short work days and evenings of fun staff beer tastings, game nights and hiking expeditions!”
StandardFusion has tripled in size in the last year, and they plan to continue their exponential growth. By April 1st, they’ll be fully moved into their new 1500 sq ft office on West Pender Street, a significant upgrade and only two blocks from their current location.Pijanowski explains, “New employees will be thrilled to learn that we have an aggressive road-map in store for StandardFusion, with new major features in constant development. Our next major release is set for release this April.”
Perks of working for StandardFusion
CEO Mirek Pijanowski has noticed that a lot of his employees brag about working with some of the most well-known companies in the world. “We work with some of the coolest and largest companies in Silicon Valley and the world (sadly due to NDA’s we can’t name them). These clients love working with and using StandardFusion. Our employees are essential to building the StandardFusion features and functionalities that our clients rave about.” He also told us about a recent milestone that StandardFusion is very proud of: “We just secured a partnership with the Unified Compliance Framework to become a channel partner. With this partnership, StandardFusion and UCF clients manage their compliance by identifying all the regulations and standards they must adhere to, and manage a single set of controls through requirement mappings.”
Other perks of working for StandardFusion include:
– Gym memberships to Steve Nash Fitness Club for staff
– Kitchen full of snacks (healthy, and not-so-healthy options)
– Fridge full of drinks
– Dartboard, Foosball, Video games
– Summer BBQ lunches on the rooftop patio
– Fun group events
– Attending Hopscotch in style, full night of limo service, dinners out on the town
– Birthday beer nights at the Alibi room
– Year-end celebrations on Pender Island
What StandardFusion Looks For In Their Ideal Candidate
Co-Founder and CEO Mirek Pijanowski explains, “We take experience over education. Excitement and ambition over ego. We love it when someone has something to prove, those are the types of people we look for to ensure we have a great team.”
Roles StandardFusion is currently hiring for
StandardFusion is currently looking for a new developer to help them accelerate core development of StandardFusion. Interested in joining the team? Contact StandardFusion today!
To learn more about StandardFusion, click here.
To shine the spotlight on your company, or to learn more about Spotlight on Tech, talk to our MX Team by emailing email@example.com.