19 Sep 2016 BC FinTech Mission to ASEAN
British Columbia Ministry of International Trade, in partnership with Global Affairs Canada, is organizing a FinTech delegation to ASEAN to attend the first Singapore FinTech Festival, a week-long back-to-back FinTech mission organized by Singapore Monetary Authority in partnership with the Association of Banks in Singapore.
Singapore is an international financial center and operates as a regional financial hub for Asia. There are over 700 financial institutions located in the country, and Singapore is also the headquarters for over 200 banks. It is also home to a growing FinTech ecosystem for the ASEAN region. The Singapore government and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (‘MAS’) have been actively promoting its financial services sector to the world.
This mission will vastly benefit BC FinTech players looking to expanding into Asia or partnering with global financial institutions.
1. The five-day Singapore FinTech Festival mainly includes a two-day FinTech conference (Nov 16-17), a risk conference (Nov 17), a regulation technology forum (Nov 18) and numerous networking events (Detailed Event Calendar). The multi-format conference will feature speeches, panel discussions, demos, networking, exhibitions, and cover topics such as FinTech, payments, crypto-currency, and government financial regulations.
2. The B.C. Ministry of International Trade along with Global Affairs Canada will put on various events and business-to-business meetings throughout the festival. Some highlight includes:
– One-on-one Business and investment pitch opportunities to Asian financial institutions
– B.C. / Canada reception at the High Commission of Canada in Singapore
– Business meetings and networking opportunities with B.C. and Canadian financial service firms that have offices in Singapore
Registration and Costs:
Please register with Ken Wu (see contact below). For the festival registration, mission participants (excluding start-ups) will enjoy 15% discount on tickets (Detail Pricing). Start-ups tickets start at ~CAD$95. The early bird rates are valid only till September 30th. The meetings and the B.C. Canada reception arranged by the mission organizer are free of charge. There will be marketing budget available for delegates for the trade show.
Expenses responsible by the participants are as follows:
– Personal travel, meals and accommodation,
– Singapore FinTech Festival tickets,
– Some transportation costs in Singapore.
Available upon request.
• Canada: Global Affairs Canada, High Commission of Canada in Singapore, BC Tech Association
• Singapore: United Oversea Bank
For more information and to register, click here.
Dates: November 14-18, 2016