VANCOUVER, BC, April 15, 2016 – BC Technology Association (BC Tech) today announced the finalists for the 2016 Technology Impact Awards (TIAs). The announcement was made in front of a sold-out TechBrew audience, marking the TIAs 23rd year of celebrating the best of BC’s tech industry.
As the longest running and largest technology awards program in the province, the awards honour companies in ten categories, recognizing excellence with Technology, People, and Company awards. This year, the finalists represent a multitude of sectors, including software, financial technology (fintech) and cleantech, as well as the cutting edge field of health and medical technology, with one finalist specializing in 3D bioprinting and tissue engineering.
“The BC tech industry has had another incredible year, and the 2016 TIAs finalists are a testament to that fact,” said Bill Tam, BCTIA President and CEO. “Our finalists represent the very best in their categories, exemplifying the leadership that many BC Tech companies have achieved in delivering solutions to customers and partners around the globe. The TIAs celebrate excellence in every respect and demonstrate the incredible people, innovation and growth that make BC the best place to grow a tech company.”
The 2016 Technology Impact Award Finalists are:
Adoption of Technology
- OpenRoad Communications (www.openroad.ca) and Honeywell Process Solutions (www.honeywellprocess.com)
- ResponseTek (www.responsetek.com) and Westminster Savings Credit Union (www.wscu.com)
Most Promising Pre-Commercial Technology
- Fathom, a new division of Rx Networks (fathom.xyz)
- Ronin8 Technologies Inc. (ronin8.com)
- Watergenics Inc. (watergenicssolutions.com)
Excellence in Product Innovation
- Buyatab Online Inc. (www.buyatab.com)
- EDP Software (www.edpsoftware.com)
- Freightera Logistics Inc. (www.freightera.com)
Team of the Year
Most Promising Startup
- Aspect Biosystems (aspectbiosystems.com)
- InvestX Capital Ltd. (www.investx.com)
- RESAAS Services Inc. (www.resaas.com)
- Visualping (visualping.io)
Emerging Company of the Year
Person of the Year
- Dan Eisenhardt, General Manager, New Devices Group, Intel Corporation
- Elicia Maine, Academic Director, Science & Technology Commercialization, and Associate Professor, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, SFU Beedie School of Business
- Shahrzad Rafati, Founder & CEO, BroadbandTV
Company of the Year
Other awards to be presented at the Technology Impact Awards Gala include:
Bill Thompson Lifetime Achievement Award: Recognizing a lifetime of achievement, this award is presented by the BCTIA Board of Directors to celebrate an individual who has served as a leader in BC’s technology industry throughout his or her business career, and who has served as a model and mentor for others.
People’s Choice Award: New for 2016, this award will be presented to the 2016 Technology Impact Award Finalist Company that the BC technology community feels best exemplifies “The Spirit of BC Tech”. Voting is open to the public. To learn more, visit Technology Impact Awards.
All winners will be announced on June 7th, at the 2016 Technology Impact Awards, to be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Tickets to the gala are now on sale. The Early Bird Deadline is Friday, May 6 at 5PM PT. To learn more and purchase tickets, visit Technology Impact Awards.
About BC Tech
The BC Technology Association (BC Tech) is guided by our vision to make BC the best place to grow a tech company. For more than 20 years, the BCTIA has helped to grow our province’s tech cluster to over 9,000 companies that employ nearly 90,000 people, and that now outpaces the resource industry in terms of economic contribution to the province.
Our mission is to help tech companies grow, and it is supported by our core values: Be of Service, Succeed Together, and Pay it Forward. www.wearebctech.com
Director, Marketing & Events