25 Apr 2014 TIAs Finalists Announced
BC Companies Making their Mark on the World
VANCOUVER, BC– Today the BC Technology Industry Association (BCTIA) announced the finalists for the 2014 Technology Impact Awards (TIAs). Exemplifying the awards theme of ‘BC’s Mark on the World’, the 2014 finalists embolden British Columbia’s reputation for global excellence across a wide range of technologies including enterprise software, hardware, health care and cleantech.
The breadth of technologies being developed, and the international markets that they serve, illustrate the strength, diversity and the increasing global reach of the BC Technology Industry.
“The 2014 TIAs finalists illustrates the continuing maturity of the BC technology industry, and exemplifies the ingenuity, strength, and diversity of our ecosystem,” stated BCTIA President Bill Tam. “With companies like these, it’s easy to see why Vancouver and BC continue to gain global recognition as the place to start and grow a tech company.” Tam added.
The Technology Impact Awards honour three distinct groups: Technology, People and Company.
This year’s finalists are:
Adoption of Technology
- FCV Technologies – www.fcv.ca and WorkBC – www.workbc.ca
- Traction on Demand – www.tractionondemand.com and TELUS – www.telus.com
- Webtech Wireless Inc. – www.webtechwireless.com and Vedder Transport Ltd. – www.veddertransportation.com
- Cooledge Lighting Inc. – www.cooledgelighting.com
- dPoint Technologies Inc. – www.dpoint.ca
- Elastic Path – www.elasticpath.com
- Axine Water Technologies – www.axinewater.com
- Global Relay – www.globalrelay.com
- UrtheCast – www.urthecast.com
- HP Advanced Solutions Inc. – www.hpadvancedsolutions.com
- PaySavvy Canada, Inc. – www.paysavvy.com
- Traction on Demand – www.tractionondemand.com
- BC Hydro Data Centre Migration Team – www.bchydro.com
- Schneider Electric MicroGrid Lab Team – www.schneider-electric.com
- Fusion Pipe Software Solutions – www.fusionpipe.com
- PHEMI Health Systems – www.phemi.com
- Procurify – www.procurify.com
- Trulioo – www.trulioo.com
- Aquatic Informatics Inc. – www.aquaticinformatics.com
- QuickMobile – www.quickmobile.com
- Zafin – www.zafin.com
- Alpha Technologies Ltd. – www.alpha.ca
- Fortinet – www.fortinet.com
- Global Relay – www.globalrelay.net
Excellence in Product Innovation
Most Promising Pre-Commercial Technology
Team of the Year
Most Promising Start‐Up
Emerging Company of the Year
Company of the Year
Other awards to be presented at the Technology Impact Awards Gala include:
Person of the Year: Awarded to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the BC technology industry during the past year. This contribution may be through paid or volunteer activities with a company, research institution, association, or non-profit agency.
Winners of the above award categories, and the prestigious Person of the Year Award, will be announced on June 5th, at the 2014 Technology Impact Awards Gala, to be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Learn more and purchase tickets at www.thetias.com.
To download a copy of the media release, click here.