BC Tech is working to ensure the growth of future anchor companies needed to strengthen and sustain the provincial tech sector. The BC Tech Hub is the place helping make that happen with a dedicated 26,000 square foot acceleration space where burgeoning tech anchors and enterprise companies have space to connect and learn from one another. The Hub is best suited for growth stage companies that are scaling rapidly (5+ employees or 1M+ in revenue). Since 2014, more than 70 companies, government agencies, and enterprise organizations have called the BC Tech Hub home. Past residents include RentMoola, Picatic, and Thinkific.
Workspace at the BC Tech Hub
Our workspace features 30 private offices (for teams of 1-10), 150 dedicated desks in a shared office space, 13 meeting rooms, 6 phone booths, 125-person event & workshop space and 100Mbps wifi! Common areas have a collaborative and friendly vibe that will help your team grow and thrive. Plus, we are a dog-friendly environment!
One private office
25 desks in our co-working space
1250 square foot office space ideal for a team of up to 25 people. This includes 5 private offices and open space for an additional 10-15 desks.
Space and Amenities
- Fully furnished professional office space
- Mail and reception services
- Offices & desks for teams up to 15 people
- Event and workshop space for up to 125 people
- Free street parking
- Café located in the building
- Onsite fitness facility
- Fully furnished professional office space
- Super-fast broadband internet access
- Informal meeting lounges with coffee bar and mini fridges
- Video production space incl. green screen and camera rental
- Prototyping Lab (fully-ventilated)
- Access to colour and large format printers
- Secure parking for cars and bikes
- 5 new restaurants coming in 2019
- Fully equipped gym coming in 2019
- Support for later-stage startups (5+ employees or 1M+ in revenue) and emerging anchor companies through programs like HyperGrowth, HyperGrowth:Life, HyperScale, and HyperScale:Capital
- Industry Connection programs and Business Development opportunities
- Access to Talent Day and Talent Meetup events
- Peer group support and onsite workshops
- Grub in the Hub lunch ‘n learns
- Introductions to customers, partners and investors
- Onsite concierge for access to government support programs
- Onsite resources from Canada’s Trade Commissioner Services and NRC-IRAP
Want to learn more about the BC Tech Hub?
The Hub is best experienced in person. Click the chat bubble below or give us a call.
Who’s in The Hub
Work where you network.
In addition to being home to the BC Tech Association, The Hub houses more than 25 tech companies over two floors. The Hub also houses our HyperGrowth and HyperGrowth: Life companies, Discovery Foundation Executives-in-Residence, and individuals representing helpful resources like NRC and Global Affairs Canada.
Thank you to our Partners!
The BC Tech Innovation Hub opened its doors in late-2014 and welcomed its first tenant in January 2015 thanks to the generous support of the Government of Canada, Global Relay, and numerous industry partners. The Hub has become a home where BC tech companies can grow, and we couldn’t have done it without their help.
To see a complete list of Founding Partners, click here.
The Hub is best for growth-stage tech companies with teams of up to 15 people.
Unfortunately, we only accept technology companies as tenants in The Hub.
Standard offices start at $1,500 per month, and include access to all Hub amenities. Dedicated desks start at $450 per month, including Hub amenities.
Yes! We rent out our meeting rooms and the event spaces to everyone, however there is a discount for our members. Our event space can accommodate:
- 40 people classroom style
- 60 people theater style
- 125 people standing
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about rates, availability and to book the space.
To become a tenant of The Hub, you have to be a member of the BC Tech Association. Please email email@example.com book a tour to see if The Hub is the space for you.
Of course! We offer dedicated broadband access to tenants, as well as guest access for those visiting The Hub. To access our guest wifi simply connect to the Hub_Guest network. No password is required. Our internet has 205 Mbps download speed and 164 MBPS upload speed.