27 May Program Intern, Commercialization and Fundraising
FULL-TIME, PAID INTERNSHIP: MAY 2022 – SEPTEMBER 2, 2022
Praxis Spinal Cord Institute is a Canadian-based not-for-profit organization that leads global collaboration in spinal cord injury research, innovation and care. We advance ground-breaking ideas that can be put into practice, making lives better. We actively engage people with spinal cord injury and other world-class experts to work together to identify and solve the most urgent challenges to make exceptional improvements in the health of people with spinal cord injury. Praxis is proudly accredited by Imagine Canada and was named one of Canada’s Top 100 Charities by Maclean’s and Money Sense magazines, achieving an A+ rating.
Through a diverse workforce, Praxis is committed to excellence in research, innovation and care for people living with spinal cord injury. Praxis recognizes that a diverse workforce, comprised of individuals with an array of identities, abilities, backgrounds, cultures, skills, perspectives and experiences is vital to creativity, growth and innovation and our success in making an impact on quality of life. We support our commitment by fostering an inclusive workplace which is fair, equitable, supportive, welcoming and respectful, allowing us to continue to transform health outcomes.
Reporting to the Director, Commercialization, the Program Intern, Commercialization and Fundraising participates in outreach, logistics, and organization of the leading SCI Accelerate and Incubate programs and fundraising initiatives. The role supports communication between external and internal stakeholders through ongoing business communication, meeting management, event coordination, project tracking and reporting. The research and market focus of the role is in the area of spinal cord injury and related complications.
- Maintain relationships with external individuals and organizations through ongoing business communication, administration, and effective meeting management;
- Collaborate with other Praxis departments to achieve common goals by way of meeting coordination, project tracking and reporting, and other activities, as required;
- Identify and research potential program partnerships, supporters and program applicants (health technologies), with a readiness to learn using a CRM (Customer Relationship Management Software) for tracking information;
- Planning and coordination of logistics and administration for program elements and events: meeting, travel and accommodation arrangements, POs and expense processing;
- Assist with outreach and marketing of program events and initiative to startups, agencies, and universities;
- Support writing of fundraising communications, including grant applications, pitch decks and reports;
- Prepare documentation for grants, contracts, approval forms, and expense payments as needed;
- Prepare documentation for reporting evidence to funding agencies (provincial and federal), and create summary documentation for funder reporting requirements;
- Effectively organizing and preparing documentation for donors; and
- Perform other duties as required by Praxis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in business or graduate degree in a related discipline.
- Currently in the process of completing a degree (in a related field, Health, Business, an asset)
- Interest in health technology, entrepreneurship and fundraising.
- Experience coordinating programs and events with high levels of complexity/planning an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Strong research + business writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Relationship building skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments through flexibility and resiliency
- Ability to problem solve and lead event planning/coordination
- Ability to liaise/communicate with stakeholders independently
- Ability to learn new skills, industry, company, product or technical knowledge with ease
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse partners, domestic and international
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates can apply here by May 31, 2022. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Praxis, please visit our website at www.praxisinstitute.org.
Praxis Spinal Cord Institute would like to acknowledge that the land on which we are located is on the unceded traditional territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, specifically the shared traditional territories of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), səlil̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh, and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) First Nations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com