30 May Senior Manager, Business Technology & Operations
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY TO WORK AT MOSAIC:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in providing a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. MOSAIC is proud to be a certified Living Wage Employer. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees), the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women and 2021 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest settlement organizations with over 45 years of experience engaging close to 400 staff and over 500 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives and taking part in a variety of training opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization that makes a difference in people’s lives!
JOIN OUR TEAM!
MOSAIC is seeking an individual to lead multiple technical and problem-solving teams as the Senior Manager, Business Technology & Operations. The position is based at the MOSAIC Vancouver Office at 5575 Boundary Rd at Kingsway, with interaction and impact at multiple MOSAIC sites in the Lower Mainland.
The Senior Manager, Business Technology & Operations is responsible for setting strategic direction for Business Technology (BT) and Facilities & Purchasing (Operations) in alignment with MOSAIC’s strategic goals and objectives. Applying up-to-date knowledge in modern processes and automating and modernizing systems and operations, this position has a transformational impact, leading the organization’s digital transformation, technology, and facilities strategies.
This key position interacts with and impacts all levels of the organization, from frontline staff and volunteers to executives and the Board of Directors, assisting MOSAIC and its programs to meet or exceed their business and client-service objectives by ensuring the appropriate tools and procedures are implemented and effectively utilized. Coordinated planning and oversight of facilities, furniture, and equipment throughout the organization is also essential to meeting these objectives, through negotiation and management of leases, renovations, and purchases, and through ensuring that appropriate policies & procedures for health, safety, and security are developed and followed at all sites.
The Senior Manager, Business Technology & Operations leads multiple cross-departmental and project teams and oversees three functional managers directly and 5-10 additional team members indirectly, to evaluate business systems and processes, anticipate requirements, identify areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions. A primary responsibility is the security of electronic information and systems, ensuring that best practice, contractual, and legislative requirements are met and that data is safeguarded.
- Five years of demonstrated senior IT management experience and knowledge in:
- Leading teams and supervising staff
- Implementing standards and controls
- Securing systems and data
- Planning, managing, and delivering projects
- Design, development, and re-engineering of business processes
- Experience and knowledge in facilities and operations management in a multi-site organization, including purchasing and logistics, planning and budgeting, maintenance and renovations, health safety and security
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration or Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- Combination of knowledge and experience in current network technology, mobile technology, operating systems, and hardware
- In-depth knowledge of Office365 (SharePoint, PowerApps, Power Automate, and PowerBI)
- Certifications and/or in-depth knowledge in the following disciplines are assets:
- Data Security
- Privacy laws and standards
- Risk Management
- Business Analysis
- Customer Relationship Management Software
- Microsoft Azure
- Operations/Facilities Management, including purchasing & logistics, maintenance & renovations, health & safety
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
REQUIRED SOFT SKILLS:
- Critical thinking skills: ability to process and organize facts, data, and other information to define a problem and develop effective solutions.
- Excellent judgment in decision-making
- Experience building cross-functional relationships, conducting needs assessments, interpreting needs towards solutions, and establishing buy-in
- Organized and able to proactively set priorities, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Able to work independently and with multiple teams, in line with organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring staff
- Experience providing customer service and resolving issues both in person and in a virtual service delivery environment
- Tactful, discreet, diplomatic, patient, flexible and possesses cultural sensitivity
HOURS: This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible.
STARTING PAY: Commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is provided.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format via email to Hiring Team at email@example.com
Please use: “Your Name – Senior Manager, Business Technology & Operations” in the subject line
No telephone calls please
DEADLINE: Until position is filled.
NOTES: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org