14 Sep UX/UI Design Co-op
Website Kardium Inc.
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world.
We are developing a ground-breaking medical device for minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of
atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-
valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System – a
powerful multielectrode mapping and ablation solution that consists of a sophisticated catheter with
122 electrodes that provide rapid, single-shot PVI and the ability to quickly confirm PV isolation during
What you’ll be doing
As a UX/UI Designer Co-op, you will work closely with Kardium’s Senior UX Designer and software
development team to create and implement a UX/UI design system and design new features for the software that drives user interaction with the Globe system.
You will conduct heuristic/UX expert review of existing features and propose (and test) alternative designs, representing improvements to our software, consistent with UX/UI best practices and regulatory guidelines.
You will be instrumental to establishing best practices for consistency, accessibility, and usability in
software used in a highly technical domain.
Your primary project will be to analyse the existing Globe software for its UX/UI patterns, and then
create a comprehensive, component-based design system to be used by UX designers and software
developers. This will form the design guidelines for new features.
Based on heuristic review and accessibility testing, you will provide guidance for improvements to help
our users complete their work with satisfaction, speed, and low risk of error.
Your guidance for improvement will likely take the form of a revised design library, as well as design
documentation for improved and new features: wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, interactive
- Communicate design guidance to product development teams and will participate in hands-on user feedback sessions.
- Translate highly technical domain information into appropriately user-friendly designs.
- Analyze best practices and patterns in UX/UI design from other domains and integrate in your
- Design graphical elements and icons as part of the user experience.
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to
help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect and we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these
- Partial completion of a degree or diploma in: UX design, interaction design, human computer
interaction, digital media design
- Demonstrated prior experience creating UX /UI documentation, such as mock-ups, design guides, wireframes, and/or prototypes
- Experience with standard design tools: Adobe Suite, prototyping tools (Adobe XD, Sketch, or
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in UX/UI best practices for accessibility, visual design, and interaction
How to apply
To apply for this position, please prepare one document that includes the following items, in this order:
- Cover letter
- A copy of your most recent transcripts
Applicants should be prepared to show in an interview a portfolio example of at least one relevant UX/UI design project.
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org