01 Jun Lead, Health Informatics – Meditech Expanse (Advance Project)
This full-time position will be hybrid, based at our Central City Offices, Surrey, B.C. and remote.
We are seeking a self-starting individual who brings a strong understanding of IT Service Management, ITIL, Problem Management and Vendor Management principles and an in-depth understanding of the healthcare system for this exciting opportunity as a Lead.
You will support the Service Operation portfolio within the Service Management, Technology & Service Management and Advance Program. In this role, you can apply your ITSM knowledge, strategy, creativity, organization, and best practices to support Health Informatics professionals, allowing for improved quality of Health Informatics services at Fraser Health in support of our clinicians and staff.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, partnership and resourcefulness of our clinicians, employees and partners. More than any building or technology, it’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct. If you want to utilize your ITSM skills, and develop as a leader, this is a role for you!
Why Fraser Health?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Learn about the communities we live in and serve.
Build on your experience as you:
- Utilize your IT service management, business analysis, project management and people skills to implement and sustain systems and processes while guiding and supporting our customers to follow corporate standards and industry best practices with a focus on Problem Management from within the Service Operation ITSM portfolio.
- Provide guidance and expertise by consulting with all disciplines and stakeholders within an assigned portfolio by performing functions such as coordinating and performing feasibility studies, conducting workload efficiency analysis using formal data gathering techniques, analyzing, designing and implementing appropriate information systems, and identifying system deficiencies.
- Support the Fraser Health Advance (Meditech Expanse) upgrade project overseeing Problem Management and Continual Service Improvement methodologies focussed on ensuring the success of the project and the services it delivers.
- Create training materials and oversee / implements the delivery of Problem Management training for Health Informatics and Advance.
- Act as the Problem Manager for Fraser Health including all related responsibilities.
Act as the CSI Lead for the Advance Program, and apply common best practices for other IT service areas
- Participate in enterprise-wide, cross-disciplinary business strategy projects including confidential initiatives that support the selection, procurement and implementation of appropriate information systems applications that may result in the elimination of FTEs.
- Serve as a consultant participating on enterprise-wide projects which are under the leadership of various Service Design Owners; serve as back up to the Portfolio Manager in the area of team leadership and project management and as a backup to the Incident Management Lead in the area of incident coordination & process support.
- Are responsible to establish and lead Problem Management best practice within the Advance project by adhering to project management and support structure methodologies, managing project timelines, monitoring expenditures and variance analysis, facilitating change management strategies, defining tasks, identifying resource needs, and reporting on project status to the Portfolio Manager/Manager and Advance Leadership.
- Are responsible to mature and lead assigned Service Management program elements by adhering to ITIL and other best practices in alignment with existing Fraser Health support structure methodologies, managing program roadmap, staff training, vendor relationships, SLA monitoring, defining tasks, identifying resource needs, and reporting on program status to the Portfolio Manager and Advance Leadership.
- Are responsible for engaging directly in the coordination of high impact or poorly owned problems to ensure timely resolution in support of preventing or reducing future incidents.
Support the continual improvement of our services and systems by applying Lean (or similar) principles so that Health Informatics/Advance is always learning from our incidents via your interface and involvement with Incident Management.
- Perform system analysis by establishing scope and objectives for application systems, conducting feasibility studies, planning or modifying procedures to solve complex problems, preparing detailed specifications and solving existing service problems as required.
- Monitor Health Informatics/Advance performance and engagement within the Problem Management area to analyze how to improve engagement and performance in support of the quality of our Health Informatics services.
- Perform complex business and/or system process analysis including conducting workflow analysis and developing business information requirements and models using industry standard BA tools and practices.
- Define and create Knowledge Management documentation and tools in support of our Problem Management practitioners.
- Work with Health Informatics leadership to guide 400 Fraser Health IT professionals and the staff of our partners to follow the Problem Management process and its requirements in a sustainable way that allows ongoing maturation and improvement.
Your experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Science or Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Five (5) years of recent experience with business and systems analysis including experience as a project manager.
- Experience with health and corporate information systems.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
If this sounds like the role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with health care providers who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Curious to know what it’s like to work here? Hear it from the team. Connect with us on social media to hear about exciting milestones and see how we celebrate one another!
Visit us online to see other areas we are hiring in Health Informatics and Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers-fraserhealth.icims.com.