K- 12 Educators
Did you know that BC needs to fill 83,000 tech jobs by 2027? The K-12 Educators Initiative is part of BC Tech’s response to address the talent shortage in the tech sector.
The exciting one-day session demystifies the world of technology and explains the career opportunities of the future. In a world where millions of jobs will be created by technology and many more impacted come and learn where the trends are headed and how to best prepare your students for the new jobs being created. The seminars will expose teachers to the following:
- key technology trends and predictions presented in a non-technical way
- descriptions of the variety of roles in the technology industry
- what current and future career opportunities look like
- opportunities for underrepresented groups
- core competencies and skills sets needed for today’s technology environment
Who Should Apply
BC Tech encourages all K-12 Educators who are:
- within the Vancouver School Board district
- interested in learning about the opportunities for their students in BC’s tech sector
No prior technology knowledge required to attend any of the sessions.
If you are interest and would like to apply, please contact the Vancouver School Board.
January 20th, 2020
February 14th, 2020
May 15th, 2020