Building the next generation of BC’s anchor tech companies
HyperGrowth:Life is a six-month revenue and growth accelerator program that guides life sciences entrepreneurs to build BC’s next generation of anchor tech companies. The program is specifically designed for Health Tech, Clean Tech, Life Sciences, and Agritech entrepreneurs to build and run solid growth engines to scale their companies.
HyperGrowth Life is joint-initiative between BC Tech Association and Genome BC to launch and support commercial-ready life sciences companies in the province.
Thank you to our Founding Partner, Genome BC.
Start working on your company instead of in it!
Building on the success of the original HyperGrowth program, HyperGrowth:Life is designed exclusively for companies in Health Tech, Clean Tech, Life Sciences, Agritech and related industries. For six months, your team will experience an intensive program created to drive revenue growth. Your company will receive a level of expert support unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before.
This is not just a CEO or Founders-only program. We mentor and work with your entire leadership team to scale the company.
Read about the first cohort of HyperGrowth: Life companies.
Program Guiding Principles
Purpose Drives Profit
Defining founders and company’s purpose to align vision, values, product, talent, and objectives.
Engine For Growth
Putting together an operating framework for your business from brand, marketing, sales, customer success to back-office operations.
Setting goals to address scale problems and iterating to solutions.
Using data to identify problems and solution ñ truth does set you free.
The HyperGrowth Life program gives you the foundational skills necessary to scale your company. We’ll teach you how to operate a healthy and growing business and give you insights on the KPIs you need to focus on during the various stages of your company’s lifecycle.
As a part of the program, we will audit and assess any gaps your company may have in its operations and provide tactical solutions to ensure success. We will also help you to understand your customer’s perspective of your products and services and look at ways in which to create a better client experience. Every educational session will be followed by a one on one with a dedicated expert to address specific challenges within your company.
What You Get
By the end of the program, you will have a playbook and roadmap that will help you scale and succeed through your next phases of the growth. To get there, we will provide you with:
- Bi-weekly educational sessions with experts who have led, scaled and/or exited companies.
- Bi-weekly mentorship and tactical help in the key areas that drive revenue: Lead Generation, Sales and Marketing, Sales Force Management, KPI and Metrics, etc.
- Monthly sessions with Executives-in-Residence to check milestones and get assistance in implementing new strategies. Receive inputs to which partnerships and customers will drive the most value for your business.
- Quarterly sessions with Advisory Boards to drive strategy and remove roadblocks.
- Up to $10,000 in matched funding to bring a senior sales or marketing executive onto your team.
- Free office space during the HyperGrowth Life program.
- Assistance in the fundraising process.
- Access to the BC Tech network, including our partners and advisors, to drive in-roads with new customers.
- Soft-landing programs to help open new markets.
Program Mentors and Advisory Board
We believe in matching companies with mentors who can help them identify and address gaps in their operations. A confirmed list of mentors and advisory board will be finalized after the HyperGrowth:Life cohort is confirmed.
Your company must:
- Be in Health Tech, Clean Tech, Life Sciences, Agritech and related industries.
- Have product market fit and/or have traction to back it up (WoW or MoW growth).
- Have at least $250k in annual revenue.
- Have an established team beyond co-founders.
- Be located in BC.
- Have six months of runway
Acceptance into the Program
Acceptance into the program will be based on the following:
- Financial Growth: Demonstrated success in commercialization showing increasing earnings.
- Ability to Execute: Focus, capacity, and ability to execute on your growth plan and sustain or increase traction to date.
- Market Opportunity: A big enough market to allow a large business to grow. A product sufficiently differentiated that there is potential to keep growing.
- Ability to Make an Impact: Our goal is to work with companies where our advisors, contacts, and resources can add value. We are also looking for coachable teams, willing to commit to the work it takes to achieve hyper growth.