16 Jun BC Tech Co-op Grants Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Tech Co-op Grant:
Need talent? Get up to $10,800 per year in funding to hire co-op students through the Tech Co-op Grant. Whether you’re a technology-based company looking to grow or a non-tech business looking to grow your innovation
A new method, idea or product.
footprint, our program could be right for you.
Each employer is eligible to receive a maximum of four grants each per program year (May 1 to April 30) valued at $2,700 (a total value of $10,800), to recruit and train between one to four distinct co-op students. The employer must pay the remainder of the student’s salary during the co-op term.
- Be a B.C.-based business.
- Have less than 100 employees on payroll.
- Be a tech company hiring for any role.
- Be a non-tech company, organization or non-profit hiring for a tech role (A tech role is defined as a role primarily related to developing tech or providing tech support).
- Be hiring a student for a co-op work term. If you’ve hired a student for a co-op work term in the last 5 years, then you must hire a first-time co-op student.
Steps to apply:
- Understand the Program Guidelines.
- Define the role and create a job posting.
- Contact an accredited co-op department in BC to have the job approved and posted.